The foundation principles of Williamsburg Northside schools were formed by the conclusive belief that every single child is a strong and capable individual. Directed by this ideal, Williamsburg Northside schools offer flexible and unique environments where children indulge in collaborative as well as independent ways of learning.
The schools comprise of an Infant & Toddler Center, a Preschool, a Lower school, and a Middle school, which is the newest addition to their institutions of learning. Reasons why you should choose Williamsburg Northside schools for your child:
The Schools’ Teaching Techniques are inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach
The Reggio Emilia approach was formed with a view that young children are competent and active contributors to the society. Williamsburg Northside schools abide with each aspect of this teaching approach. The image of each child is believed to be that of an able and competent individual with a set of opinions, interests, and preferences.
The educators undertake the crucial responsibility of observing and documenting each child’s ideas, interests, struggles, questions and opinions on a daily basis. The curriculum and environment of each class are then built on the basis of the documented insights of the children.
Similarly, the classroom design and environment are accorded as an important aspect that contributes to the student’s overall development. Children’s project works are given an equal importance. Students are encouraged to be a part of long-term small as well as large group projects that are dynamic in nature.
A Few Interesting Facts about Williamsburg Northside Schools
- The infant & toddler center is stationed in a historic building. The center comprises of large, sunny classrooms, an art room, and two indoor play spaces. The building is attached to a private garden and an outside play space.
- Williamsburg Northside Preschool’s classrooms are one of the largest classrooms in NYC.
- The preschool’s building consists of a large indoor gym, a massive rooftop playground, and separate spaces for music, art, and library.
- Williamsburg Northside’s lower school’s regulation-size gym is perhaps the most beautiful one in any elementary school in Brooklyn.
- The lower school’s art studio has a wall of windows that opens up to a terrace that faces the Williamsburg Bridge and Manhattan.